Power Africa Partners
The Power of Partnership
Partnership is at the core of Power Africa. Bringing cleaner, more efficient electricity to sub-Saharan Africa requires an innovative model of development — linking public and private sector goals and resources, and connecting investors and entrepreneurs to opportunities.
Power Africa bridges the gap between the private sector, development partners, and the U.S. Government to spur increased investment in Africa’s energy sector, reduce barriers to investment, and deliver reliable electricity access throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
PRIVATE SECTOR PARTNERS WORKING ACROSS THE ENERGY SECTOR
Associations & NGOs
U.S. Equipment Suppliers
Household Solar & Productive Use
Transmission & Distribution
A partnership with Power Africa is a commitment to work together to facilitate the development of 30,000 MW of cleaner, more efficient electricity generation capacity and to add 60 million new home and business connections throughout sub-Saharan Africa. We are constantly adding new partners and facilitating collaboration across our network.
Power Africa’s private sector partners receive individualized attention to understand market dynamics, learn about the latest trends, and overcome barriers to investment in African energy markets. Power Africa’s development partners coordinate development assistance and leverage infrastructure financing with leading global governmental and non-governmental agencies. Power Africa’s interagency partners provide a direct line to U.S. Government agencies operating in sub-Saharan Africa's energy sector.
HOW WE WORK
- Transaction Focus: By addressing the critical barriers that hinder progress of a particular deal, we create a ripple effect for other deals facing similar issues in the country.
- On-the-Ground Support: Power Africa’s in-country advisors and interagency team members identify the technical, financial, and political solutions needed to facilitate faster access to power.
- Working Beyond the Grid: With numerous investors and partners committed to off-grid energy solutions, Power Africa is providing millions of people access to reliable electricity for the first time.
- Bridging the Financing Gap: Power Africa’s aim is to de-risk investments to enable public and private investors to fund projects that drive systemic reforms.
- African-led Reform: Power Africa works with African governments to fill critical skills gaps, drive reforms, and build and maintain power sectors for generations to come.
- Empowering and Powering Women: Power Africa supports projects, programs and policies that strive to reduce gender inequalities and promote engagement of both men and women.