About the Forecast
The Business Forecast is an informational resource on potential funding and partnership opportunities at USAID. Included on the Forecast are the following types of activities:
- Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA),
- Broad Agency Announcement (BAA),
- Cooperative Agreement,
- Development Innovation Accelerator (DIA),
- Fixed Amount Award (FAA),
- General Services Administration (GSA) BPA,
- Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Contract,
- Leader with Associate (LWA),
- Personal Services Contractor (PSC),
- Purchase Order,
- Task Orders issued under IDIQs and GSA Schedules,
- Activities that are To Be Determined (TBD).
Organizations interested in working with USAID can use this Forecast to plan for proposal or application submissions. This tool can also be used to engage early in the procurement process, to encourage the creation of new partnerships, and to provide maximum opportunities for small business set-asides.
It is important to note that because the Business Forecast is issued while activities are in the design and planning phase, information is subject to change.
Search the Business Forecast
Click below to find the latest Business Forecast for USAID’s offices Washington, DC or Overseas.
FY 2017 2nd Quarter Business Forecast Conference Call
Stay Informed of the Business Forecast
USAID realizes the importance of the Business Forecast to current and potential partners.
You can find a list of frequently asked questions here.
To find information from previous quarters, please visit our archive page.
The Agency has a number of tools in place to keep partners informed of the Business Forecast.
- Business Forecast Distribution List – USAID has set-up an email distribution list for organizations interested in receiving alerts on Business Forecast updates, conference calls, and resources. You can sign-up for the distribution list here.
- Quarterly Calls – Each quarter, upon the release of the Business Forecast, USAID organizes and conducts a conference call to answer questions about the most recent release. The call is promoted on FedBizOpps.gov, through the email distribution list, on USAID’s LinkedIn, and on twitter @USAIDBizOpps. Summaries of the calls and questions are posted online here.
Important Notes on the Business Forecast:
- The Washington Business Forecast differs from the Mission Business Forecasts for purposes of new Small Business Administration (SBA) compliance requirements. Please note that some columns denote “Contracts Only” for SBA reporting in the Washington Business Forecast.
- Most IDIQ type awards listed have small business prime and subcontracting opportunities. Small businesses are encouraged to consider these solicitations for future business with USAID.
- The Agency Business Forecast aims to include opportunities that are open for bids/proposals and future opportunities that may not have a solicitation issued yet. Where there are blanks or TBD, information is pending.
- If you no longer see a contracting opportunity provided in our previous Agency Business Forecast postings, see https://www.fbo.gov/ and select “award notices” for type and identify “Agency for International Development” and click search. To find a cancellation go to https://www.fbo.gov/ and select “modification, amendment, cancel” notices to find any solicitation amendments or cancellations. You may also conduct advance searches to find specific solicitations.
- You may reach the points of contacts (email preferred) in the Agency Business Forecast by searching the name at the USAID Staff Directory
Last updated: March 07, 2017