The Engendering Industries Workforce Gender Equality Accelerated Program is a leadership program that develops the skills and tools needed to increase gender equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Increasing gender equality in the workplace has become a priority for organizations around the world, and research shows gender diversity is correlated with improved company performance. Today, most organizations are working to recruit and retain more women in order to improve productivity, build resiliency, and improve their brand and reputation.
The Workforce Gender Equality Accelerated Program is a six to twelve month program that consists of organizational gender equality assessments, a virtual (ten week) or in person (one week) course, and five to twelve months of change management coaching that prepares managers to become agents of change within their organizations. The course develops the skills managers need to:
- Identify gender equality gaps within their organization.
- Develop a business case that demonstrates how gender equality will benefit the organization’s bottom-line.
- Take targeted, tangible, and strategic action, grounded in assessment, to increase gender equality in their organization.
- Strengthen leadership and change management skills and exercise more influence to create an equitable and diverse workplace.
- Effectively engage other male and female leaders within their organization in support of desired change.
The Accelerated Program is designed for female and male managers who wish to develop their gender equality expertise, boost their influence, and spearhead change within their organization. Operations leaders, HR managers, and managers of other support functions who are strategically placed within their organizations to influence change are encouraged to apply. Organizations are required to send two to three employees.
The Accelerated Program focuses on developing and improving company culture, policies, and practices that advance gender equality, and is most applicable to companies that have (or are in the process of developing) standard human resource practices.
Accelerated Program Modules and Virtual Structure
Participants of the Accelerated Program will partake in a rapid organizational gender assessment, a self-assessment, a ten-week virtual or one-week in-person course, and change management coaching over a five to twelve month period. The curriculum draws from USAID’s toolkit, Delivering Gender Equality: A Best Practices Framework for Male-Dominated Industries, which demonstrates methods for introducing gender equality initiatives at each phase of the employee lifecycle. Intended to be a catalyst for change, this program provides a holistic, practical learning environment that ensures success for participating employees and their organizations. Following the program, participants will receive virtual coaching to help them successfully drive change, improve gender equality, and build resilience in their organization. View our program brochure provided above to learn more about the objectives of the program.
Accelerated Program Materials and Resources
Overarching Accelerated Program Materials:
- Participant Registration Form
- Accelerated Program Brochure [Español] [Français] [Tiếng Việt]
- Frequently Asked Questions
Participant Prerequisite Materials:
- Workplace Gender Equality Organizational Assessment
- Gender Equality Self Assessment
- Gender 101 Training Video
- Change Management 101 Training Video
- Best Practices Framework [Español] [Tiếng Việt] [Français]
Course Foundational Resources
Course Materials and Worksheets
- Participant Handbook [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
- Facilitator Guide [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
- Gender Action Plan Template [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
- Causal Map Tool [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
- Developing SMART Goals [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
- Gender Equality Goals, SMART Targets, and Activities [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
- Organizational Gender Equality SWOT Analysis Template [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
- Stakeholder Mapping Tool [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
- Gender Equality Roadmap Organizational Phase Assessment [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
- Tree of Life Worksheet [Español] [Tiếng Việt]
Accelerated Program Facilitators and Regional Academic Partners
The program is facilitated by an international team of Engendering Industries change-management and gender equality experts in conjunction with faculty and staff from academic and regional partners. This includes:
- Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business Gender Equity Executive Leadership Program (GEELP)
- Johns Hopkins University Self-Empowerment and Equity for Change (SEE Change) Initiative
- Fulbright University in Vietnam
- Universidad de los Andes in Colombia
- Lagos Business School in Nigeria
- Energy Regulators Regional Association (ERRA) in Hungary
- Kenya Electricity Generating Company (KenGen) in Kenya
- Men Engage Alliance
Facilitators have more than 15 years of experience in gender equality, leadership, change management, and human resources management. The program is designed to be delivered in person over the course of one week, but will be delivered virtually as needed in 2022 due to COVID-19, with virtual program modules spread over a ten-week period. Following the program, participants will receive five to twelve months of virtual coaching to implement the action plan developed during the program.