USAID has emergency and development food assistance activities in approximately 50 countries.
Potential partners can find specific opportunities and guidance in developing food assistance proposals and programs here. For general inquiries about the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance, please email AskBHA@usaid.gov.
Proposal and Legislative Guidance
- Request for Applications for Implementer-led Design, Evidence, Analysis and Learning (IDEAL)
- Food Assistance Related Regulations and Guidance
- Environmental Risk Management and Compliance
We also recommend reading USAID’s Food Assistance and Food Security Strategy 2016–2025 and referring to Food for Peace Information Bulletins, which include announcements of, or modifications to, Food for Peace policies and procedures.
USAID offers a variety of resources to assist partners throughout all phases of development and emergency food assistance activities, including implementation, monitoring and reporting, such as:
- FY 2019 Pipeline and Resource Estimate Proposal (PREP) Guidance
- DRAFT FY 2020 Pipeline and Resource Estimate Proposal (PREP) Guidance (open for comment until August 4, 2020)
- Food for Peace Partner Portal (replaces FFP Management Information System FFPMIS)
- Food for Peace Indicators
- Annual Results Report Requirements for Development Awards and Emergency Awards
View our complete list of Implementation Tools to assist partners in the design and implementation of food assistance activities.
The Food Aid Program Closeout Guide describes the close-out process of all USAID Office of Food for Peace awards.
We provide general information about USAID food assistance activities and food commodities, baseline studies, as well as related research and policy papers. For example, you can find:
- Food for Peace Fiscal Year 2019 Annual Report
- United States International Food Assistance Reports for U.S. Congress
- Food Aid Commodity Management Toolkit
- Research and Policy Papers
- Frequently Asked Questions about Food Assistance
USAID’s Office of Food for Peace maintains an email distribution list used to announce specific opportunities, resources for working with USAID and other helpful information. If you would like to be added to the list, email your name and organizational affiliation to email@example.com.