Flag of Tanzania

Newsroom

August 9, 2018

The USAID PROTECT project addresses the dynamics that threaten biodiversity conservation and inhibit private sector-led tourism growth by strengthening Tanzanian organizations that are, or should be, at the forefront of wildlife and conservation policy reform and implementation. 

August 1, 2018

The United States and Tanzania have collaborated for decades to address critical health needs, with a focus on quality integrated services, health systems strengthening, and healthy behaviors. These efforts support Tanzania’s commitment to improve health outcomes and health care services, focusing on efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability. USAID’s work with the Government of Tanzania includes programs to address HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, family planning, reproductive health, nutrition, global health security, and maternal, newborn, and child health.

August 1, 2018

Feed the Future – the United States Government’s global hunger and food security initiative – aims to reduce poverty and improve nutrition by supporting Tanzanian-led plans. This includes investing 80 percent of Feed the Future resources in the Southern Agricultural Growth Corridor of Tanzania (SAGCOT), a region the Government of Tanzania has identified as having the potential to make a significant contribution to the economic growth of the country. The remaining 20 percent focuses on development activities on the Zanzibar islands as well as in Manyara and Dodoma.

July 30, 2018

It is estimated that up to 80 percent of Tanzania’s rural population relies on use of natural resources to sustain a livelihood, which makes stewardship of these resources a fundamental priority for Tanzania’s continued stability and growth. Recognizing that the drivers of poverty and biodiversity loss are linked, USAID partners with the government and people of Tanzania to improve environmental governance and management at a landscape scale, including building the nation’s capacity to reduce wildlife trafficking.

July 30, 2018

USAID programs in Tanzania are consistent with U.S. foreign policy and the Government of Tanzania’s national development goals. By empowering Tanzanian women and youth, achieving inclusive, broad-based, and sustainable economic growth, and improving effective democratic governance, these programs aim to advance Tanzania’s socioeconomic transformation toward middle-income status by 2025.

Pages

Last updated: August 09, 2018

Share This Page