The Private Sector Engagement (PSE)Hub works to advance the Agency’s cultural and operational transformation toward enterprise-driven development.
The Private Sector Engagement Hub’s mission is to create the institutional conditions, operating infrastructure, and capacity necessary to expand engagement with the private sector in the United States and partner countries.
Key initiatives include:
- Institutional Capacity: We are making it easier for USAID staff and Missions to deliver PSE by providing tailored, targeted, ‘right-sized capacity building and recruitment assistance, at individual and institutional levels, and reduce institutional friction to PSE.
- Partner experience: We are developing a “fit-for-purpose” private sector relationship management system to improve the engagement experience for partners.
- Applied insight: USAID develops comprehensive systems and tools that collect and use PSE data to better monitor and track PSE across the Agency.
- Innovation: We seek to expand USAID’s toolkit for engagement with the private sector by de-risking investment and piloting scalable next-generation models and methods for private sector engagement.
USAID and its partners can support companies and investors in advancing market solutions and mobilize private capital to solve development challenges at scale in emerging markets.
- USAID INVEST: USAID INVEST unlocks the power of private capital to drive inclusive growth in developing economies. USAID works to reduce barriers for investors and channel private capital into key regions and sectors for better development results. Learn more.
- USAID CATALYZE: USAID CATALYZE works with U.S. and international finance providers to mobilize financing across sectors, geographies and transaction type and size. Learn more.
- U.S. Development Finance Corporation (DFC): As the U.S. development finance institution, the DFC partners with the private sector to finance solutions to the most critical challenges facing the developing world. Learn more.