The Food Aid Product Information Guide provides information on U.S. food aid products, programming and procurement. This information is for implementing partners of food assistance activities, as well as project managers, technical advisors, procurement and logistics specialists, and vendors and manufacturers working to address hunger, malnutrition and food insecurity in vulnerable populations globally.
Each Food Aid Product description sheet provides relevant, concise, consumer-friendly information on the commodities distributed under Title II of the Food for Peace Act. All listed products are grown and/or manufactured in the United States from 100% U.S. sourced ingredients, unless otherwise noted. The products are available as part of the U.S. food aid basket and meant to be programmed within local contexts overseas. Optimal nutritional benefits are achieved when the food aid products are integrated with locally available foods.
The Food Aid Product description sheets contain the following:
- Product Description: Description of food aid product and its component ingredients.
- Programming Uses: Summary of programming and usage options for each food aid product in the context of food assistance programs, and emergency and development settings.
- Preparation and Applications: Basic cooking instructions on how to prepare the food aid product and how it is usually consumed.
- Product Specification: Link to USDA and/or USAID Product Specifications including production specifications and container, packaging and marking requirements.
- Nutrition Profile: Profile of key nutrients in the food aid product, including macronutrients and micronutrients that make up 20 percent or more of the recommended daily value for an adult 2,000 kcal intake. Also included is package size and shelf life for each product.
- Primary Packaging Graphic: Graphic of packaged food aid product.
- Close-up of Product: Photograph of unpackaged food aid product.
For more information: