The United States, through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), launched the Agriculture Resilience Initiative (AGRI) - Ukraine to bolster Ukrainian agricultural production and exports and to help alleviate the global food security crisis exacerbated by Putin’s brutal war on Ukraine. AGRI-Ukraine is critical to supporting Ukraine’s export and agricultural sector needs, which will remain vulnerable to the Russian Federation’s aggression in the months and years to come.
In the first year of AGRI-Ukraine (the initiative launched on July 19, 2022), USAID contributed $100 million and leveraged an additional $250 million for the Initiative, including from fellow donors, the private sector, and foundations, for an overall investment of $350 million.
USAID is contributing an additional $250 million and seeks to leverage an additional $250 million for the initiative, for an overall additional investment target of $500 million, and a total investment of $850 million.
Lines of Effort
Purchase and delivery of critical inputs for farmers who have limited supplies or limited mobility
Improve and increase export logistics and infrastructure
Increase farmers’ access to financing to enable a full crop harvest
Drying, storage, and processing support for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises in the agriculture sector
Interested in Partnering?
If your organization is interested in contributing to AGRI-Ukraine, please contact email@example.com.
Types of Support
|TYPES OF SUPPORT||EXAMPLES|
|Financial Support||Funds for program operations and procurements|
|In-Kind Contributions||Provision of goods or services relevant to inputs, storage, logistics, finance and expertise/technical assistance on inputs, storage, access to finance and logistics, and program operations/outreach|
- Gain visibility for your organization’s efforts to support Ukraine
- Join a united front standing with Ukraine and its people while having an impact on broader global food security
- Leverage USAID’s technical and operational expertise on the ground to jump start your work and increase efficiency, including monitoring and fiscal oversight for results
- Maximize the impact of your organization’s contributions by coordinating with USAID, the agribusiness community, the Government of Ukraine, and other donors to create economies of scale and avoid duplication of efforts
- Connect with and learn from allied donors and companies
Responding to requests directly from Ukrainian farmers and Ukraine’s Government, AGRI-Ukraine builds on a range of support USAID is providing to Ukraine’s agriculture sector in the wake of Putin's full-scale invasion. This includes providing more than 12,800 Ukrainian farmers with seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other assistance, helping approximately 28% of the country’s registered agriculture enterprises deliver this year’s harvest despite the devastation caused by the Russian Federation’s aggression. This effort bolsters the entire agricultural sector, safeguarding this major economic engine for future generations of Ukrainians.
For More Information
- USAID’s primary agriculture activity in Ukraine, AGRO, maintains an active Facebook page which includes solicitations on specialized resources that publish all funding opportunities from donors.
- To learn more about AGRO subaward opportunities related to agricultural inputs, storage, and SME Farmer financing, visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find out more about opportunities to support financing for Ukrainian farmers, please visit USAID’s Credit for Agricultural Producers (CAP) project Facebook page.
- To find out more about opportunities to support export logistics and infrastructure, please visit USAID’s Economic Resilience Activity (ERA) Facebook page.
- Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food Production (MAPF) Ukraine Exports Dashboard (Updated every two weeks).
- To learn more about USAID’s overall efforts to support Ukraine during the war and in the long-term, follow the USAID/Ukraine Facebook page and Twitter account.