At USAID, we always seek new ways to embrace entrepreneurship and creativity so we can better help our partner countries accelerate their progress.
Our updated Acquisition and Assistance (A&A) Strategy outlines the key changes we are making to become more innovative in our approach to development challenges, more transparent in our decisions, and even more strategic as we steward U.S. taxpayer investments.
The vision of the A&A Strategy is: USAID and its partners enable sustainable, inclusive, and locally led development results through acquisition and assistance.
We will achieve our vision through the three objectives below:
- A&A workforce enabled, equipped, and empowered to further USAID’s development and humanitarian mission.
- Streamlined and effective A&A integrated throughout the Agency’s development approach.
- A more diverse set of partners engaged to implement locally led development solutions.
This Strategy outlines the necessary tools and culture shifts needed for increased engagement with local organizations. We acknowledge the important role of our staff in leading as A&A experts in Missions, specifically around our localization efforts. An implementation plan with actionable steps has been developed to support each objective of the Strategy.
Read our Acquisition and Assistance Strategy to learn more. [PDF 1.44MB]
Read our executive summary. [PDF 737MB].
Still have questions? Read the FAQ document. (PDF 108 K)
Launch of the USAID Acquisition and Assistance Strategy
USAID helps our partners by:
- Stepping up our efforts to hire staff to manage partnerships and awards
- Streamlining A&A processes so partners spend less time on paperwork
- Opening doors to USAID through the WorkWithUSAID.org platform
- Sharing information about award opportunities in other languages
- Using a diverse set of A&A tools like simplified grants, fixed amount awards, and renewal awards