USAID has developed resources, informational documents, and guidance for staff and implementing partners on planning, designing, and integrating anti-corruption efforts across our work. This page will be updated as future resources are developed.
- USAID’s Anti-Corruption Policy. This document sets forth our objectives for institutionalizing anti-corruption as a core Agency priority, in line with the new U.S. Strategy on Countering Corruption and in partnership with the entire U.S. Government. The policy will highlights USAID’s approach, priorities, and commitments to countering corruption across all sectors and in all regions in which we work.
- USAID Guide to Countering Corruption Across Sectors. As detailed in our new USAID Anti-Corruption Policy (forthcoming), and in line with the U.S. Strategy on Countering Corruption, USAID is transforming its work to address the inherently trans-sectoral nature of corruption. Deepening and accelerating integration of anti-corruption across sectors - both to further sectoral outcomes and to tackle corruption from multiple angles - is central to USAID’s anti-corruption agenda. This Guide seeks to articulate corruption issues across different USAID sectors and lines of effort, identify points of entry for addressing them, and build out programmatic options for integrating anti-corruption approaches and considerations across USAID’s portfolio. The accompanying sectoral handbooks describe in more detail the particular corruption risks, challenges and considerations within specific sectors, as well as programmatic options for addressing them. Planned sectoral handbooks include:
- USAID Anti-Corruption Global Health Integration Handbook
- Additional handbooks forthcoming on the intersection of anti-corruption with Humanitarian Assistance; Economic Growth; Natural Environment; Climate Change, Energy & Infrastructure; Education; Conflict Prevention; Democracy, Rights and Governance; and Agriculture, Nutrition and Food Security, among others (forthcoming 2022-2024)
- Dekleptification Guide. A resource for USAID staff working in countries that face kleptocracy and strategic corruption, particularly countries whose courageous citizens open windows of opportunity for reform. The Guide seeks to highlight the role of development work in countering strategic corruption and kleptocracy while uniting the international community to support frontline reformers who seize windows of opportunity to dismantle kleptocracy.
- USAID Reference Guide on Operational Safeguards (forthcoming). This Reference Guide is intended to highlight operational safeguards and internal controls in place throughout the Program Cycle. The guide details the variety of safeguards and internal controls that USAID has – at the strategic and operational levels – to prevent, detect, report, mitigate, and respond to allegations of corruption in USAID programs.
- Countering Transnational Corruption: State of Innovation Analysis. This report provides an overview of the current landscape for innovative tools, technologies, and approaches to counter transnational corruption, including existing solutions, barriers, gaps, and opportunities.