- Our Work
- Foreign Assistance Data
- Transforming Lives
- Partnership Opportunities
USAID programs empower Malians to play an important role at the local level of a decentralized government system. The approach involves developing partnerships with a range of actors—locally elected authorities, civil society, and the private sector—to find solutions to development issues.
We strengthen the capacity of elected communal leaders to be effective in providing basic services to their constituencies. We provide technical assistance in financial management and budget preparations to improve accountability and transparency in the commune management system. We also train civil society organizations (with a focus on women and youth) in management, advocacy, and civic education so they can contribute to and monitor the work of elected leaders and commune council members.
- 2014 Mali DRG Assessment [PDF, 486K]
- 2011 Mali DRG Assessment [PDF, 989K]
- Strengthening Human Rights in Mali Factsheet [PDF, 48K]
- Systems Analysis of Mali [PDF, 460K]
- Strengthening Human Rights in Mali
- Elections and Political Processes
- Justice Program
- USAID Sub-National Governance Project
- Historic Gender Bill for Women's Representation
Last updated: June 29, 2016