The HIV/AIDS pandemic in Lesotho takes a staggering toll on all aspects of society.
Through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), we focus our work in the following four areas:
- Reducing the rate of HIV infection;
- Reducing HIV/AIDS-related deaths by providing treatment for those living with HIV and caring for orphans and vulnerable children;
- Training local health workers to deliver better HIV services; and
- Improving health management, laboratories and health supplies, organizational capacity, and supply chains.
- Reducing deaths caused by pandemics and mitigating transmission in high risk populations.
Specific interventions include efforts to strengthen clinical services, place medical volunteers where needed, and streamline the flow of funds to local organizations fighting HIV/AIDS.