Civil Service employees remain at the core of USAID/Washington staff and are the prime element in helping to shape programs overseas.
As a Civil Service employee, you will inherently perform governmental functions and act as the essential link between strategic interests and the program content and style selected to achieve that interest.
Civil Service employees support USAID objectives by:
- Providing policy oversight for overseas programs
- Providing operational support for overseas programs
- Maintaining accountability and oversight for more than $10 billion in annual foreign assistance funds
- Developing strategies, policies, budgets, and programs in a range of development sectors and countries
- Monitoring acquisition and assistance
- Performing knowledge management
- Collaborating with key stakeholders in other U.S. government agencies, the private and non-profit sectors, and other development agencies
USAID fills Civil Service positions, all vacant Merit Promotion and Competitive positions, through the automated application system at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) USAJOBS site.