Acting on the Call: Preventing Child and Maternal Deaths
2020 ACTING ON THE CALL REPORT
The 2020 report recognizes the heroic efforts of nurses, midwives, and other health care providers on the frontlines. During the COVID-19 pandemic, nurses and midwives are playing a critical role in the outbreak response in addition to maintaining essential health care.Read More
2019 ACTING ON THE CALL REPORT
The 2019 report highlights key principles that USAID has identified as important to sustainable development, as well as how we can incorporate them to sustain our current and future impact. The report also assesses how countries can best accelerate progress towards meeting global goals.Read More
2018 ACTING ON THE CALL REPORT
The 2018 report looks at the health status of countries and the current capacity of their health systems to meet the needs of women and children. In the report, we recount progress since the 2012 Call to Action as well as identify gaps in order to inform future programming and areas that need strengthening.Read More
2017 ACTING ON THE CALL REPORT
The 2017 report provides quantitative estimates on lives saved, demonstrating the value add of strengthening health systems. This report details how health system interventions can remove bottlenecks to achieving equity, quality, and impact, while exploring how different interventions can help save women and children.Read More
2016 ACTING ON THE CALL REPORT
The 2016 report details USAID’s progress on a country-by-country basis, and further outlines how—with a new emphasis on equitable access to health care for those to which it is most out of reach—we can save 8 million lives, or nearly three-quarters of the remaining gap by 2020.Read More
2015 ACTING ON THE CALL REPORT
The 2015 report chronicles the progress made since USAID launched the roadmap in 2014 and provides additional detail on the path forward for maternal and child survival, providing new recommendations for reaching 38 million women with increased access to high-quality health services around the time of delivery.Read More
2014 ACTING ON THE CALL REPORT
On the second anniversary of the Global Call to Action, USAID launched the first Acting on the Call report and strategic action plan to serve as a country-by-country roadmap for accelerating progress towards preventing child and maternal deaths.Read More
- Fact sheet on the 2020 Acting on the Call Report
- Fact sheet [PDF, 2MB] on the 2019 Acting on the Call Report
- Country stories on USAID's maternal and child survival efforts.
- Fact sheet [PDF, 2.3MB] on 2018 Acting on the Call Report
- View American institutions partnering with USAID to advance global health.
- Learn more about domestic resource mobilization for ending preventable child and maternal deaths. [PDF, 645K]
- Photo essay: How will we save 600,000 women’s lives by 2020?
- Photo essay: How will we save 15 million children by 2020?
- View the methodology for the 2017 report [PDF, 583K]
- Addis Declaration to End Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths [PDF, 160K]
- Fact sheet [PDF, 2MB] on 2017 Acting on the Call Report
- Fact sheet [PDF] on 2016 Acting on the Call Report
- 2017: Acting on the Call, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 2015: Acting on the Call, New Delhi, India
- 2014: Acting on the Call, Washington D.C., USA
- Follow @USAIDGH for up-to-date information, and use the hashtag #MomAndBaby to join the conversation.
- Learn more about USAID's efforts in maternal and child health, family planning, malaria, nutrition and health systems strengthening.