Today’s youth understand and care more about development than ever before, inspired by the chance to drive meaningful change, peace and prosperity and eager to use their skills to better their communities and help those in greatest need.
Thanks to the transformative power of new technologies, young people are putting their talents to use in the field of development to drive real change--both at home and abroad. At 1.5 billion, today's global youth generation is the largest in history and USAID understands the important role youth play as partners and leaders in development.
International Youth Day 2013
International Youth Day 2013 is focused on Youth Migration: Moving Development Forward. USAID is celebrating by reflecting on the linkages between youth migration and development, exploring the positive aspects of youth migration, and accounting for the risks and challenges young people frequently face when they migrate.
This week's "Video of the Week" was produced by youth as part of the Ruwwad Youth Empowerment Project about USAID's youth programming in the West Bank and Gaza.
Posted by Maryanne Yerkes, Acting Agency Youth Coordinator, Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning
Today is International Youth Day, a day to celebrate youth and their numerous contributions to their communities, nations and the world.
Posted by Bisola Ojikutu, MD MPH, John Snow, Inc., Senior Treatment Officer on AIDSTAR-One
In recognition of International Youth Day, AIDSTAR-One Senior Treatment Officer discusses the importance of dialogue and information in adolescent HIV care.
Posted by Michelle Cho, Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning, Intern
In celebration of International Youth Day, an intern recounts her experience at USAID.
Posted by Cate Lane, Bureau for Global Health, Youth Advisor
In celebration of International Youth Day, Global Health Youth Advisor discusses U.S. Government and USAID’s health programs impacting urban youth.
- USAID, the State Department, and representatives from the United Nations and Women LEAD participate in a Google+ Hangout about the challenges and troubles young refugees face and the successes youth have achieved. Watch it here.
Learn more about our youth programming
See these highlights of the Agency's efforts to mainstream youth in development, carry out more effective programs, and elevate youth participation.
- Youth Win in Central America
- Partnership with Los Angeles to combat violence in the Americas
- Fighting Modern Day Slavery in Bangladesh
- Creating a Network of Future Leaders in Sri Lanka
- Young African Leaders Initiative
- Yes Youth Can! in Kenya
- Youth and Entrepreneurship in Egypt
- Ruwwad Youth Empowerment Project in West Bank and Gaza
- Action Plan on Children in Adversity
Last updated: November 21, 2014