USAID helps unleash the potential of Armenian tech students through training and research opportunities to prepare them for local engineering projects as professionals.
The USAID-supported Center of Excellence for the Prevention of Childhood Blindness in Armenia helps prevent the incidence of lifelong blindness in premature babies. Photo Credit: AECP
Through USAID assistance, partners introduce an innovative campaign to raise public awareness on free and fair elections on the eve of Armenia’s Presidential Elections in February 2013. Photo Credit: E&J
Through USAID and partner efforts, many rural communities of Armenia now provide better schooling conditions for Armenian children.
USAID helps introduce new heating systems in Armenia’s rural communities to utilize solar energy and meet present-day demands of energy efficiency and environmental protection.
Students of the USAID-supported entrepreneurship and civic activism program mark the Earth Day through creative and environmental projects.
Since 1992, USAID has provided a broad range of development programs in Armenia, shifting from an initial humanitarian emphasis to assistance for economic, political and social transition.
USAID has an impressive record of achievement in Armenia in areas as diverse as humanitarian relief, legal reform, small business promotion, and energy and water regulation. Presently, the program is working to:
- Increase the country’s economic competitiveness
- Promote civic participation and access to a wide range of media outlets
- Expand access to quality health care and social services
- Protect the country’s most vulnerable citizens from poverty
- Implement cross-border activities with Turkey to foster people-to-people and business-to-business ties
- Support Armenia’s efforts to fully integrate into the regional economy
Last updated: August 11, 2014