USAID joins schoolchildren from Ararat for an environmental march dedicated to Earth Day.
USAID hands over Golden Key award to Mayor of Goris for “transparent governance”.
Since 1992, USAID has provided a broad range of development programs in Armenia, shifting from an initial humanitarian emphasis to assistance for economic, political and social transition.
USAID has an impressive record of achievement in Armenia in areas as diverse as humanitarian relief, legal reform, small business promotion, and energy and water regulation. Presently, the program is working to:
- Increase the country’s economic competitiveness
- Promote civic participation and access to a wide range of media outlets
- Expand access to quality health care and social services
- Protect the country’s most vulnerable citizens from poverty
- Implement cross-border activities with Turkey to foster people-to-people and business-to-business ties
- Support Armenia’s efforts to fully integrate into the regional economy
Last updated: May 07, 2013