- Our Work
- Lower Mekong Initiative (LMI)
- Reports and Publications
- Transforming Lives
- Partnership Opportunities
- Business Opportunities
Promoting gender equality and advancing the status of women and girls is vital to achieving all development objectives of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). USAID’s Regional Development Mission for Asia is committed to collaborating with a range of development partners to bridge gender inequity gaps in all programming, with a particular emphasis on the following priorities:
- Advancing inclusive growth by strengthening women’s economic empowerment;
- Ending gender-based violence through programming for the most vulnerable populations, with a focus on violence prevention;
- Increasing women and girls’ voices in decision-making, leadership, and science, especially through innovative methodologies;
- Encouraging traditional and non-traditional development partners to invest more financing and resources in programming to improve gender-based outcomes.
Click here for USAID’s Regional Development Mission for Asia’s Fact Sheet on Gender Equality and Female Empowerment (including Activity Highlights).
As reported in a recent article, The Rise of Gender Capitalism, "investing with a gender lens can create financial and social impact by increasing women's access to capital, promoting workplace equity, and creating products and services that improve the lives of women and girls." To catalyze gender lens investing in Asia USAID is launching an activity to document the range of stakeholders, identify a portfolio of opportunities, and facilitate dialogue on advancing the field. To learn more, please contact Patty Alleman at email@example.com
Last updated: January 12, 2015