USAID offers a range of PSE resources on the Agency’s approach to delivering market solutions to achieve a sustained development impact.
- Private Sector Engagement Policy. USAID’s PSE Policy sets the priorities and direction for USAID’s engagement with the private sector. The PSE Policy guides the Agency-wide cultural and operational transformation to deepen engagement with the private sector and embrace market-based approaches as a more sustainable way to achieve development and humanitarian outcomes. Access the Policy’s FAQs
- Enduring Results Study 3.0 Summary Report. The Enduring Results summary report assesses what drives enduring or sustained results in partnerships with USAID and the private sector. The report demonstrates how these partnerships can realize the market solutions that create impact beyond USAID funding.
- Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives With the Private Sector
- PSE Evidence and Learning Plan. The Agency-wide PSE Evidence and Learning Plan (ELP) serves as a guide for activities that will strengthen and improve the use of evidence in decision-making on PSE approaches.
- Evidence Gap Map. The Evidence Gap Map is an interactive, visual map that allows users to explore the evidence on PSE by filtering for various criteria such as region, country, and sector.
The world of development finance is rapidly evolving. We work alongside investors and other private sector partners to mobilize private investment for development through blended finance approaches. Blended finance is the strategic use of public or philanthropic resources to mobilize new private capital for better sustainable development outcomes.
- Finance Wiki. The Finance wiki, hosted on Marketlinks, outlines the role of finance in development and empowers users to explore a variety of financial interventions and tools that exist to accelerate mobilizing finance for better development outcomes.
- Mobilizing Private Finance for Development: A Comprehensive Introduction. This guide serves as an overview for USAID staff and development professionals to learn more about how to mobilize private capital and engage with private enterprise to achieve development objectives.
- Unlocking Capital for Development: An Introduction to Engaging with Finance Providers to Address Development Challenges. The rapid growth of private capital in emerging economies has created an unprecedented opportunity for USAID to use its resources to enable investors to help drive inclusive growth. This resource provides an introduction to engaging with finance providers to address development challenges.
- USAID Financial Vignettes. The Financial Vignettes Handbook features 50 vignettes from around the globe to demonstrate how USAID is mobilizing private capital for development.
- Setting, Pricing, and Administering Performance Metrics in Pay- for-Results Programming Step-by-Step Guide. The guide is designed to give development implementers simple and actionable steps on how to apply the Pay-for-Results approach in U.S. assistance programs to address most complex development challenges.
- USAID INVEST Learning and Knowledge. Driven by a core research and learning mandate established as a component of INVEST’s creation, the initiative is uniquely positioned to capture, validate, and act on learning from across its global portfolio about what works in blended finance and why.