- Who We Are
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Office of the Administrator
- Europe and Eurasia
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Middle East
- Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance
- Center of Excellence on Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Office of American Schools and Hospitals Abroad
- Office of Civilian-Military Cooperation
- Office of Conflict Management and Mitigation
- Office of Crisis Surge Support Staff
- Office of Food for Peace
- Office of Program, Policy, and Management
- Office of Transition Initiatives
- Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance
- Economic Growth, Education and Environment
- Food Security
- Global Health
- Legislative and Public Affairs
- Policy, Planning and Learning
- Foreign Assistance
- U.S. Global Development Lab
- Independent Offices
- Mission Directory
- Staff Directory
- Advisory Committee
- Board for International Food and Agricultural Development
- Mission Directors
- Global Development Council
- USAID History
- Operational Policy (ADS)
- Resource Portal
The Office of Civilian-Military Cooperation (CMC) Learning and Outreach Team serves as the primary point of contact for learning opportunities between USAID and the Department of Defense (DoD). The team coordinates a variety of training and learning activities for both USAID and DoD audiences, including instructor-led programs and facilitation of USAID participation in DoD exercises. To contact the team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training portfolio for U.S. military audiences
USAID Development in Vulnerable Environments (DIVE) Instructor-Led Course
The one-day, instructor-led USAID DIVE 1.0 course for U.S. military audiences is designed to promote DoD’s understanding of USAID’s unique objectives, roles and capabilities. The course features interactive methods designed to capture DoD participants’ experiences and fully engage them in the application of concepts presented in the course. The course offers many examples of activities USAID implements worldwide, including examples that highlight civilian - military cooperation. Click here for more on DIVE or to schedule a training.
CMC engagement activities seek to promote more effective civilian-military relationships both at headquarters and in the field. For U.S. military audiences that cannot participate in the full DIVE course, shorter overview briefings can be arranged on various subjects.
CMC fields and prioritizes requests from members of the U.S. military for USAID to participate in DoD-sponsored tabletop and field exercises. The training team also coordinates with the Joint Staff J7, combatant commands, and military services to help shape exercise scenarios, which can enhance DoD understanding of USAID capabilities and technical expertise.
To contact the team, please email email@example.com.
Last updated: December 07, 2015