- What We Do
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance Strategy
- Supporting Free and Fair Elections
- Supporting Vibrant Civil Society & Independent Media
- Protecting Human Rights
- Promoting Accountability & Transparency
- Importance of Democracy, Human Rights, & Governance to Development
- Countering Trafficking in Persons
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
- U.S. Global Development Lab
LGBT Vision for Action
USAID’s vision is a world in which the human rights of LGBT persons are:
- Respected and able to live with dignity, free from discrimination, persecution, and violence.
- Able to participate fully in democratic decision-making in their households, communities and countries.
- Have equal access to sustainable livelihoods, economic assets and resources.
- Not barred from accessing the basic education, health and other services that are enjoyed by their fellow citizens and that are essential for personal well-being and growth.
The USAID Vision for Action [PDF] demonstrates both internally and externally the Agency's commitment to LGBT inclusion. It provides a set of overarching core principles for engagement on LGBT inclusion and further socializes LGBT inclusion through the Agency.
Resources and Links
Last updated: January 27, 2017