- Our Work
- Foreign Assistance Data
- Lower Mekong Initiative (LMI)
- Partnership Opportunities
- Transforming Lives
- Reports and Publications
- Tools, Guidelines, and Templates for USAID Partners
HANOI, August 20, 2012 -- It is a pleasure to join the Ministry of Education and Training, Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, Intel Corp., and Arizona State University today in launching the expansion of the Higher Engineering Education Alliance Program (HEEAP).
HEEAP is focused on improving the quality of Vietnam's engineering education and supporting the country's growing high-tech industry. USAID is pleased to collaborate with academia and private sector partners to assist Vietnam in addressing higher education needs as Vietnam enters a new phase of economic development. To date, over 100 professors have attended training sessions at Arizona State University where they received training on cutting-edge curricula development and teaching methods.
During her recent visit to Hanoi, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stressed the importance of education to Vietnam's economic growth, and highlighted HEEAP's efforts to create more opportunities for students in science and technology, especially female students who are historically underrepresented in the engineering fields.
Today's HEEAP's expansion and the Government of Vietnam and the private sector's investment in HEEAP signal that this program is on the right path. USAID appreciates Deputy Prime Minister Nhan's participation in today's event, and I congratulate MOET, MOLISA, Intel, ASU, other industry partners and technical universities in launching this HEEAP expansion. This program will help further strengthen the collaboration between academia and industry, and ultimately will accelerate economic development in Vietnam.
Thank you very much.
- Remarks by Mission Director Joakim Parker at the Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS) Conference ‘20 years of U.S.-Vietnam Relations: Business and Education Opportunities in Light of the TPP’
- Remarks by Assistant Administrator Jonathan Stivers at The Stimson Center
- Phát biểu của Giám đốc USAID Việt Nam Joakim Parker tại Lễ giới thiệu các chương trình hỗ trợ người khuyết tật do USAID tài trợ
Last updated: January 15, 2016