View a video regarding the Limpopo River Basin by the Inter Press Service News Agency, featuring an interview with USAID RESILIM Chief of Party and Outreach and Communication Specialist.
Cheryl Anderson was sworn in today as the U.S. Agency for International Development’s (USAID) Mission Director for Southern Africa. In this capacity, she will oversee USAID’s regional activities in the Southern Africa region, country-specific activities in South Africa, as well as activities in countries in the region where there is no USAID mission.
• Honorable Minister of International Relations and Cooperation Nkoane-Mashabane,
• UNISA Vice Principal Phakeng,
• IEC Chairperson Moepya,
• Professor Gutto and Professor Teffo,
• Distinguished members of the diplomatic corps,
• Representatives of the IEC and UNISA,
• Participating election management officials from across Africa,
• Other distinguished guests. All protocol observed.
This first group of graduates has been equipped to respond to emergency disasters in the most effective life-saving ways. This ground-breaking grassroots pilot project begins the USAID-sponsored roll-out that is envisaged to cover eight Southern African countries to vastly reduce the time taken to respond to crises and rescue victims. This first phase involved 30 emergency services personnel, drawn from the Lesotho Fire and Police Services and covered the following:
MASERU – After nine-months in the making, Pusha Love has arrived! A movement that celebrates healthy living as a means to achieving individual dreams, Pusha Love promises to change the way each of us thinks about our health, life, relationships, and what it means to love oneself and others.
Last updated: October 21, 2016