Power Africa’s Women in African Power (WiAP) network supports the participation and advancement of women in Africa’s energy sector.
We provide our members with realtime information about opportunities for professional growth through:
- Webinars that build the professional skills women need to participate in the energy workforce.
- Networking opportunities that allow women working in the energy sector to learn, share, connect, and participate in regional and global dialogue around energy issues.
- Monthly Newsletters that promote opportunities for women, and showcase sector news, publications, and resources.
- Success and Feature Stories that showcase WiAP network members and women in the energy workforce.
National and Regional Networks
We invite members to explore the following regional and national networks (which are independent of WiAP), or download our NEW comprehensive directory, and encourage you to share additional networks with us.
- Energizing Equality: Unlocking the potential of women’s participation in sub-Saharan African energy utilities
- Energizing Equality in the African Energy Sector
- Energizing Equality: sub-Saharan Africa’s integration of gender equality principles in national energy policies and frameworks
- WiAP Webinar: Transitioning to a new position and planning your succession
- WiAP Webinar: Mastering the Art of Resilience
- WiAP Webinar: The Power of Positive Leadership
- WiAP Webinar: Negotiating with Impact in the Energy Sector
- WiAP Webinar: Pitching Projects and Ideas to Investors in the Energy Sector
- WiAP Webinar: Amplifying your personal brand through networking in the energy sector
- WiAP Webinar: Building your personal brand in the energy sector
- WiAP Webinar: Increasing Connections – An Introduction to Power Africa’s Toolbox
- WiAP Webinar: Understanding Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)