- Our Work
- Partnership for Growth
- Country Development Cooperation Strategy
- Transforming Lives
- Foreign Assistance Data
- Dollars to Results
- Partnership Opportunities
STRIDE supports collaborative research between industry and academe, as well as between Philippine and U.S. universities. It provides capacity-building training for Philippine researchers to be more effective and successful collaborators.
The project also provides scholarships for the best and brightest Filipino scientific minds to pursue Professional Science Master’s degrees, PhD dissertation research, or post-doctoral research in a U.S. university.
STRIDE supports policy improvements of the government to make research more effective, while providing mechanisms to improve strengthened industry-academe-government dialogue. It also supports strengthening university capacity in research management, patents and networking.
- 28 grants awarded to Philippine universities for research in collaboration with Philippine industry and/or U.S. universities, total value over US$2.5 million.
- 26 scholarships awarded to Philippine scholars for study in the U.S.
- 10 Philippine universities mentored to set up Knowledge and Technology Transfer Offices.
- Philippine Government- University-Industry Research Roundtable (PGUIRR) established.
- International Journal of Philippine Science and Technology established.
- 12 Innovation Workshops with government, industry and academia completed.
Last updated: May 17, 2016