- Our Work
- Partnership for Growth
- Transforming Lives
- Foreign Assistance Data
- Dollars to Results
- Partnership Opportunities
- Biodiversity and Tropical Forestry Analysis
LuzonHealth is a five-year (2013-2018) health service strengthening project of USAID/Philippines implemented in partnership with RTI International. The project supports the Department of Health (DOH)-led scale-up of high-impact services and client-centered information to reduce maternal and infant deaths, improve child health and nutrition, and meet the demand for modern family planning services.
LuzonHealth works with the DOH Regional Offices, provincial, municipal and city health offices, local government units (LGUs), other USAID-supported projects and major stakeholders. The project supports the Philippine Government’s Universal Health Care or Kalusugan Pangkalahatan program aimed at “providing the highest possible quality of health care that is accessible, efficient, equitably distributed, adequately funded, fairly financed, and appropriately used by an informed and empowered public.”
LuzonHealth provides technical assistance to integrate and scale-up best practices and innovations to increase utilization of maternal, neonatal, child health and nutrition, and family planning services at the local government unit level. The Project uses a combination of strategies that include strengthening demand, improving supply, and improving health policies and systems through evidence-based interventions.
- 95 percent of Rural Health Units/Health Centers in project sites are providing FP counseling and services to couples, men, women, youth and adolescents of both sexes
- About 279,000 women reached with individual or small group level education on benefits of exclusive breastfeeding
- About 5,000 health service providers provided with FP Competency Based Training - Basic Course, while some 600 health service providers trained in the provision of long-acting permanent and long-acting reversible methods
- 214 birthing Rural Health Units/Health Centers and 15 lying-in clinics received PhilHealth accreditation for the Maternity Care Package and Newborn Care Package
- DOH Regional Offices assisted in improving their management capacity in providing technical assistance to local government units on Data Quality Check and Supply Management and Recording System
To improve the health of Filipino families in targeted provinces by expanding their access to high-quality maternal, neonatal, child health and nutrition, and family planning (MNCHN/FP) services at household level, in communities, and at both public and private facilities.
- Increase demand for MNCHN/FP services
- Increase supply of quality MNCHN/FP services
- Remove health system barriers to scale supply of quality MNCHN/FP services
Last updated: November 02, 2016