- Our Work
- Partnership for Growth
- Country Development Cooperation Strategy
- Transforming Lives
- Foreign Assistance Data
- Dollars to Results
- Partnership Opportunities
In November 2011, a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the U.S. Government (USG) and the Philippine Climate Change Commission (CCC) to further cooperation under the Enhancing Capacity for Low Emission Development Strategies (EC-LEDS) program with the goal being to support LEDS development in the Philippines. Three priority areas of cooperation were outlined in the MOU:
- GHG Inventories
- Analytical Tools for Decision Making
- Measurable Implementation Progress
The approved work plan emerging from a multi-stakeholder workshop has four major pillars:
- Enhanced coordination and support to the LEDS process
- Development or enhancement of the National GHG inventory system
- Analytical decision making
- Measurable implementation progress in key areas
One of the activities supporting the EC-LEDS program is a buy-in into the Low Emissions Asia Development (LEAD) Program of the USAID Regional Development Mission Asia (USAID/RDMA). This four-year buy-in is comprised of three major tasks:
Coordination for the Institutionalization of the National GHG Inventory and LEDS
Hiring of a dedicated advisor or coordinator that will help in institutionalizing the national GHG inventory and LEDS processes.
Workshops/Trainings on GHG Inventory and Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification (MRV)
Technical workshops/trainings on GHG inventory and MRV (monitoring, reporting and verification) protocols and tools for the energy, transport, and forestry and land-use sectors.
Enhancement of Data Management Systems for the Energy Sector
- Support the assessment of existing data sets necessary for completing the national GHG inventory in line with the Third National Communication and the Biennial Update Report during the FY 2013-FY 2014 period.
- Build on the initial assessment of data gaps for the GHG inventory of the energy sector by supporting the GPH’s efforts to ensure proper collection, standardization, digitization of necessary data sets.
- Provide technical expertise and help organize trainings on the development of more reliable, country-specific emissions factors for the energy sector, in collaboration with USAID’s Building Low Emissions Alternatives to Develop Economic Resilience and Sustainability (B-LEADERS) Project.
Support the EC-LEDS program, particularly the enhanced coordination and support to the LEDS process, and the development or enhancement of the National GHG inventory system in the Philippines.
Last updated: November 02, 2016