- U.N. announces progress against key EVD indicators; cautions that as some geographic areas have experienced significant improvements in the EVD situation, others have seen the rapid acceleration of EVD transmission.
- A World Bank report indicates that the EVD outbreak is significantly affecting the economies of Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea. The World Bank President stresses that the human and economic impact will become more devastating as the outbreak continues.
In 2011, after 12-years without a parliamentary election, the people of Côte d’Ivoire elected new representatives to the National Assembly. After that election, the new lawmakers required additional support because of the absence of a consistent, effective, and transparent government. The USAID Office of the Development Counselor launched a five-year, $13 million Legislative Strengthening Project in December, 2012 to support the members of the National Assembly in their essential governing roles and functions.
- On November 21, U.N. Secretary General (SYG) Ban Ki-moon requested that U.N. Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG) and Head of the U.N. Mission for Ebola Emergency Response (UNMEER) Tony Banbury establish a U.N. support mission in Mali.
- On November 21, USAID/OFDA-procured personal protective equipment (PPE) arrived in Monrovia, Liberia, with a second shipment in-transit and expected to arrive on November 28. Together, the two shipments contain approximately 107,000 PPE sets.
- In recent weeks, USAID/OFDA has committed more than $85 million to the U.N. World Food Program (WFP) and the U.N. Children’s Fund (UNICEF) for the Liberia EVD outbreak response.
USAID radi na jačanju vladavine prava u Srbiji, unapređenjem transparentnosti rada i efikasnosti prekršajnih sudova i Upravnog suda. Radi na unapređenju integriteta i otvorenosti državnih institucija kroz podršku nezavisnih agencija i napora civilnog društva da državne organe učini otvorenijim i odogovornijim u radu.
USAID strengthens Serbia’s rule of law by improving the transparency and efficiency of the judiciary, in particular the Misdemeanor and Administrative Courts. It improves the integrity and openness of government operations by supporting independent agencies' and civil society's efforts to make government open and accountable.
Целью проекта Energy Links является усиление национальной энергетической безопасности в странах Центральной Азии для повышения их способности обеспечивать круглогодичное бесперебойное электроснабжение своих граждан.
The objective of Energy Links is to increase national energy security in Central Asia to increase the ability to provide year-round, reliable power to their citizens.
The U.S. Government (USG) declared a disaster on November 17 and is assessing urgent needs in Mali following five EVD related deaths in the capital city of Bamako. As progress continues in curtailing the EVD outbreak in Liberia, the Government of Liberia (GoL) announced the end of the national state of emergency on November 13. The GoL underscored continued vigilance in EVD-affected areas. USAID/OFDA partner the International Organization for Migration (IOM) opened an EVD Treatment Unit (ETU) in Liberia’s Bomi County on November 18.
Проект ЛИДЕР направлен на развитие организационного и лидерского потенциала Цетральноазиатской Ассоциации людей, живущих с ВИЧ, ее Секретариата и отделений в Казахстане, Кыргызской Республике и Таджикистане для того, чтобы более эффективно работать по устранению стигмы и дискриминации, продвигать равный доступ к комплексной системе предупреждения и лечения ВИЧ, а также реагировать на нарушения прав человека в отношении людей, живущих с ВИЧ (ЛЖВ). Исполнитель: Среднеазиатская Ассоциация людей, живущих с ВИЧ
The LEADER for People Living with HIV project will strengthen the organizational and leadership capacity of the Central Asia Republics Association of People Living with HIV, its Secretariat and its member organizations in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic and Tajikistan to more effectively address stigma and discrimination, advocate for equitable access to comprehensive prevention, treatment, and care, and address human rights issues affecting People Living with HIV (PLHIV).
Last updated: May 25, 2016