Improve the participation of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in Macedonian society by providing them with internship and employment opportunities. In addition, encourage positive changes in the perception and attitudes toward disabilities within the private sector and general public.
- From Internship to Employment and Self-employment: Provide internship and employment opportunities to PWDs in companies and local public institutions. Persons with disabilities will receive trainings to increase their employability skills. Mentors at the companies and institutions hiring persons with disabilities will be trained to recognize, value, and properly utilize the contribution of PWDs in their organizations. Entrepreneurship training as well as business counseling and advisory services will be provided to PWDs who want to start their own businesses.
- Making Disability Issues Visible to the Private Sector and Community: Develop and disseminate video toolkits and other promotional materials presenting best practices and successful employments and internship engagements of PWDs.
- Creation of a Project Advisory Board of People with Disabilities: Establish an Advisory Board with representatives of PWD organizations and other stakeholders to ensure their participation in the implementation of project activities. The Advisory Board will be actively involved in the development of public awareness campaigns, promotional materials and policies and procedures for internships and job placements of PWDs. The Board will undertake advocacy activities to make policy makers and other actors aware of the need for productive inclusion of PWDs in the society.
- 300 PWDs will be placed in internships
- 100 PWDs will be placed in full-time jobs
- Training and support will be provided to 50 PWDs to start their own businesses
- 100 company managers will be trained as mentors to support PWD interns and new employees
- Development and dissemination of video toolkits and promotional materials
Last updated: November 25, 2015