Strengthening human and institutional capacity is one of the greatest challenges faced by USAID as it works to fulfill its development assistance mandate worldwide.
- Equip participants with American and European state-of-art expertise, progressive models, and new approaches;
- Introduce participants to the American and European societies to gain understanding of mentality, cultural values and attitudes;
- Encourage establishment of professional and cultural links between Ukrainian, American and European communities;
- Facilitate development of private-government partnerships.
The goal of the Participant Training Program (PtP) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is to advance USAID/Ukraine’s strategic vision of a stable, democratic, and prosperous Ukraine integrated into Europe.
PtP is a U.S. government public diplomacy exchange program that encourages an exchange of information and experience to build professional, cultural and diplomatic ties.
The program gives participants the opportunity for professional growth and a chance to engage in learning and sharing information with American and European counterparts.
Program participants selected through an open competition are usually mid- to high-level professionals from both public and private sectors. Training can be defined as a structured experience to promote sustainable performance improvement through acquiring new, predetermined knowledge, skills, and cooperation opportunities.
The PtP project focuses on capacity development of local institutions to strengthen their ability to cope with changing economic and political structures, to promote democratic governance, to invigorate civil society and create an environment of social empowerment for Ukrainians where they can meaningfully contribute to decisions that affect their lives.
- The project aims to support the exchange of professional experience, to give participants an opportunity to observe American and European business and other professionals in the work-place, and to develop community and private partnerships in Ukraine.
- Starting in 2005, USAID/Ukraine implemented its participant training efforts through the Community Connections (CC) Program, a public diplomacy program that funded short-term trainings in the United States for entrepreneurs, local government officials, legal professionals, non-governmental organization leaders and other professionals.
- Every year approximately 80 participants (8 groups with 10 participants each) were selected to take part in this training program.
- In 2013 USAID/Ukraine has expanded the scope and purpose of its human and institutional capacity development efforts and re-shaped the CC Program to include a broader range of training opportunities, such as access to European expertise and models.
- In 2014-2015, 80 Ukrainian professionals will be able to deepen their knowledge and get new experience in the following areas: Fostering Conflict-Sensitivity, Civic Education, Energy Efficiency, Political inance Monitoring, E-Governance, and Promoting and ensuring provision of sustainable HIV prevention services for key affected populations.
More information about PTP is available at: www.ptp.ceume.org.ua or https://www.facebook.com/ParticipantTrainingProgram?fref=ts
Last updated: August 04, 2015