Strengthening human and institutional capacity is one of the greatest challenges faced by USAID as it works to fulfill its development assistance mandate worldwide.
- Equip participants with American and European state-of-the-art expertise, progressive models, and new approaches;
- Introduce participants to American and European counterparts to learn business processes and get exposure to a different cultures, values, and attitudes;
- Encourage establishment of professional and cultural links between Ukrainian, American and European communities;
- Facilitate development of public-private partnerships.
The goal of the Participant Training Program (PtP) is to advance USAID’s strategic vision of a stable, democratic, and prosperous Ukraine integrated into Europe.
The U.S. government public diplomacy exchange program encourages an exchange of information and experience to build professional, cultural, and diplomatic ties.
The program gives participants opportunities for professional growth and chances to engage in learning and sharing information with American and European counterparts.
Program participants selected through an open competition are usually mid- to high-level public and private sector professionals. Trainings are structured experiences that promote sustainable performance improvement through cooperative knowledge and skill development.
Through PTP, local institutions gain resilience to political and economic shifts, govern more democratically, and better interact with civil society, socially empowering Ukrainians to participate in decisions affecting their lives.
- The project supports professional experience exchanges, gives participants opportunities to observe American and European businesses and professionals in the workplace, and develops community and private partnerships in Ukraine.
- Every year, USAID sents approximately 10 groups of 10 participants each to the Community Connections (CC) Program, which provides short-term training in the United States to entrepreneurs, local government officials, legal professionals, non-governmental organization leaders, and other professionals.
More information about PTP is available at: www.ptp.ceume.org.ua or https://www.facebook.com/ParticipantTrainingProgram?fref=ts
Last updated: July 14, 2016