Start date: September 2012
End date: September 2014
Project budget: $1,500,000
Implementer: Milieukontakt Macedonia
Strengthen civil society and raise awareness, boost activism, and bolster local resilience to global climate change.
- Green Agenda – Engage stakeholders in a participatory process designed to develop consensus-based strategies and action plans to address adaptation to climate change and mitigation of its effects.
- Pilot Projects/Urgent Actions – Plan and implement pilot projects and urgent actions that enhance stakeholders’ adaptation to and mitigation of the effects of climate change while incentivizing their participation.
- Capacity Building – Provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to increase their resilience to climate change and to strengthen their ability to engage in civic advocacy.
- Four to eight municipal climate change strategies and action plans will be produced and implemented.
- Public awareness of climate change will be raised.
- Measures to mitigate the effects of climate change will be undertaken.
- Measures to adapt to the effects of climate change will be undertaken.
- Participants’ ability and willingness to engage in civic activism and advocacy will be increased.
- Civil society organizations, citizens, municipalities and the private sector will cooperate and collaborate more.
Contact at USAID: Jennifer Connolly, AOR, email@example.com
Chief of Party: Igor Slavkoski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Officer: Darko Leshoski, email@example.com
Last updated: November 14, 2013