Grantee: Junior Achievement Worldwide (JAW).
Duration: 3 years (April 2012 – April 2015).
Funding to date: $1.07 million (DA)
Total Investment - $2.4 million.
Beneficiary Countries: Barbados, St. Vincent & Grenadines, St. Lucia, Dominica and Antigua & Barbuda., Grenada and St. Kitts & Nevis.
Objective: This program seeks to positively impact the development of a culture of entrepreneurship among youth, thereby improving the economics and workforce in the Eastern Caribbean. This will be done by:
● Establishing and/or strengthening Junior Achievement operations,
● Initiating measures to complement and strengthen Caribbean education systems with a focus on the transitioning of youth from school-to-work,
● Engaging the business community to invest in the development of their workforce through mentorship, apprenticeship/internship and partnership,
● Developing financial mechanisms to support youth micro-enterprise creation, development, expansion and sustainability, and
● Measuring the impact of Junior Achievement project on youth financial literacy, entrepreneurship and work-readiness in the Caribbean context.
Youth Beneficiaries Target: - 15,000 youth.
Last updated: March 25, 2013