Ніхто не очікував, що амбіційний та оптимістичний процес реформування, започаткований Євромайданом, призведе до підтримуваного ззовні сепаратиського руху та до потенційної гуманітарної катастрофи. З допомогою Ініціативи, USAID сприяє громадам в інтеграції внутрішньо переміщених осіб та у відновленні громадської довіри та стабільності на сході.
No one predicted that the ambitious and optimistic reform process sparked through the revolution of dignity would lead to an externally supported separatist movement and a potential humanitarian disaster. Through UCBI, USAID helps communities manage issues such as displacement and to rebuild confidence and stability in vulnerable communities in eastern Ukraine.
The New Development Partnership reflects more flexible and timely financial assistance, and contributes to the United States’ commitment to providing at least 50 percent of development assistance on-budget.
The U.S. Agency for International Development’s Lowering Emissions in Asia’s Forests (USAID LEAF) is a five-year project that promotes regional collaboration on forest management to avoid deforestation and forest degradation. Forests in Asia and the Pacific make a significant contribution to reducing the negative effects of climate change since forests are one of nature’s most efficient ways of removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and storing it. They also are an important source of income and livelihoods, but are often overused for agriculture, infrastructure and other uses.
The ASEAN-U.S. Partnership for Good Governance, Equitable and Sustainable Development and Security is a five-year USAID and U. S. Department of State activity designed to strengthen institutions and develop regional policies to advance ASEAN’s political-security and social-cultural objectives.
- Overall EVD transmission decreases in Guinea and Sierra Leone since mid-July, according to local health officials
- The GoL discharges remaining two EVD survivors from ELWA 3 ETU; Liberia currently has no confirmed EVD cases
- All known contacts in Boké Prefecture, Guinea, graduate from contact tracing on July 23
The Lower Mekong basin is rich in biodiversity; however, there are considerable knowledge gaps in many areas regarding existing biodiversity and the threats it faces. Through the Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research program, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is supporting three regional networks of scientists to better understand some of the region’s most pressing biodiversity challenges. USAID PEER is a global competitive grants program that allows scientists from developing countries to apply for USAID funds for research and training activities in partnership with U.S. Government-funded collaborators. The project has an annual call for proposals and supports research activities in a range of areas related to USAID’s development priorities.
The goal of Engagement for Equity is to support vulnerable and marginalized groups, and strengthen civil society’s role in influencing the development and effective implementation of policies affecting these communities.
- The Government of Liberia (GoL) reports no new EVD cases since July 12, discharges two of the four remaining EVD patients from Montserrado County EVD treatment unit (ETU)
- During the week ending July 19, the Government of Sierra Leone (GoSL) confirms three new EVD cases, a 79 percent decrease from the previous week
- From July 13–19, the Government of Guinea (GoG) reports 22 new EVD cases, a 70 percent increase from the previous week
Last updated: August 27, 2015