USAID/Nepal invites applications for employment from all interested and qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Office of Controller, under a Foreign Service National (FSN) Personal Services Contract (PSC) subject to availability of funds.
OPEN TO: All interested and qualified Candidates
POSITION: Administrative Assistant, FSNPSC-7
OPENING DATE: April 1, 2014, 2014
CLOSING DATE: April 15, 2014 – 5:00 P.M Kathmandu time
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Serves as the Administrative Assistant to the Controller and provides administrative support to that Office. Formats and finalizes all outgoing letters from the Office of the Controller. Receives, reviews, and controls all incoming and outgoing correspondence, and distributes mail and messages for the Office of Controller. Schedules meetings and appointments for U.S. and FSN staff, particularly with higher level GON officials and with other donor agency representatives. Screens calls and visitors and handles routine matters independently, using tact and discretion in the handling of sensitive financial matters and issues directed to the Controller. Receives, reviews, records, and distributes all incoming vouchers and other payment claims. Scans and files all processed vouchers. Issues and records Bills for Collection. Processes VAT refund requests. Manages and maintains the central financial filing system of the Office of the Controller.
1. EDUCATION: Completion of Bachelor’s degree is required.
2. PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of progressively responsible related work experience in a similar field. Good knowledge of normal business practices and office administration procedures.
3. KNOWLEDGE: Good knowledge of administrative procedures. Good operational knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e. MS Word and Excel. Thorough knowledge of office management, secretarial, time keeping and travel procedures. Knowledge of relevant GON administration regulations is also useful.
4. LANGUAGE: Must have Level IV English ability (fluent) and Level IV Nepali language (fluent).
5. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong skills in office administration and organization are needed. The employee needs to be able to work independently, to establish priorities, and to deal comfortably with all Office of Controller counterparts and customers.
A detailed job description for the position can be obtained by visiting USAID/Nepal website at http://www.usaid.gov/nepal/careers
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume - not to exceed 3 pages - and any other documentation that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed in the full job description. Please provide names of three references and their contact numbers and email addresses as well. Please send your application to the attention of USAID/Nepal Human Resources Office. Applications may be sent electronically to: USAIDNepalHR@usaid.gov
Only short listed applicants will be contacted to participate in the hiring process.
USAID/Nepal is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali society. We believe that social inclusion and diversity contribute to excellence. Applicants from disadvantaged caste, under-represented ethnic groups, and women are especially encouraged to apply.
See Position Description for further details.
Last updated: April 02, 2014