- Rolled out Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN), an international nutrition project, reaching 30 Traditional Authorities (TAs) in 11 districts, and trained 942 people in specific interventions and nutrition-sensitive approaches;
- Oriented 150 district-based Area Development Committee members from five TAs to SUN support in their areas;
- Operationalized 269 functional care groups under SUN with a total of 2,180 members who reached 20,359 households through door-to-door focused nutrition counseling and assessment, and other essential health messages;
- Trained 1,227 service providers in the new CMAM guidelines and World Health Organization growth standards;
- Implemented CMAM in 279 health facilities; and
- Reached 2,031,879 children under five with nutrition interventions through Child Health Days, over 80 percent of whom also received vitamin A supplements and deworming medication.
Chronic malnutrition in children is high in Malawi, but it can be prevented
- Government of Malawi
- Bunda College
- Abt Associates
- Feed the Children
- FHI 360
- Tufts University
- Development Alternatives Inc.
- John Hopkins University
- World Learning Inc.
Karonga, Chitipa, Kasungu, Nkhotakhota, Salima, Lilongwe, Mangochi, Balaka, Dowa, Zomba, Machinga, Phalombe, Mulanje, Chikwawa, and Nsanje districts
Last updated: April 13, 2015