Start date: December 28, 2010 End date: December 27, 2014
Project budget (Life of Project): $ 4.8 million
Implementer: Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
Improve the business policy environment to increase private sector investment and promote increased exports of Macedonian products.
- Improve Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Domestic Investment (DI), Export Promotion and Investment Aftercare Services – Support implementation of the Government of Macedonia’s (GOM’s) Industrial Policy for enhanced inter-ministerial coordination and streamlining of FDI, DI and aftercare. Support implementation of the GOM’s export promotion strategy.
- Enhance Public–Private Dialogue (PPD) - Develop and institutionalize stronger PPD mechanisms by establishing procedures, tracking the progress of issues, and expanding the use of e-applications for communications.
- In cooperation with the Ministry of Economy, developed the Industrial Policy web portal (www.konkurentnost.mk) that gives the business sector access to information on all available government support related to implementation of the Industrial Policy.
- Helped 12 Macedonian companies build their capacity and conduct product and market development activities.
- Through a range of business development activities implemented together with the Agency for Foreign Investments and Export Promotion (Invest Macedonia), helped 40 Macedonian companies participate in 9 export promotion events
- Helped Invest Macedonia upgrade its IT infrastructure, develop a customer relations management system, and create an export matching portal (http://www.investinmacedonia.com/)
- Developed “Learning Export,” the first export guide for Macedonia, and gave in-depth training on this topic to 100 business service providers.
- To enhance public-private dialogue on the national level, based on the principles of inclusiveness, competence and involvement of all stakeholders, helped re-establish the National Entrepreneurship and Competitiveness Council, upgraded the Unique National Electronic Register of Regulations (ENER) internet platform, (http://www.ener.gov.mk/), and developed a guide on creating business sector policy papers to be used by policy makers at chambers of commerce and business associations.
Contact at USAID: Meri Cuculoska, COR: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief of Party: Aleksandar Sahov: email@example.com
Information Officer: Natasa Stankovik: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: November 09, 2015