Start date: April 18, 2012 End date: April 17, 2015
Project budget (Life of Project): $ 575,000
Implementer: Center for Civil Communications
Increase micro and small enterprise (MSE) awareness of the opportunities offered by the public procurement (PP) market; provide MSEs with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to participate more in government contracting; and streamline public procurement administrative procedures that inhibit MSE participation in government contracting.
- Facilitate MSEs’ easier access to the public procurement market, contributing to MSE capacity development, growth, and job creation.
- Remove unnecessary constraints imposed by public contracting authorities, and build the capacity of MSEs to effectively participate in the public procurement system.
- At least 200 MSEs from the targeted regions will enter the PP market, after being supplied with applicable information, knowledge, tools, and skills for increased involvement in public procurement;
- At least 100 local contracting authorities from targeted municipalities will take active measures toward providing easier access for MSEs to the PP market;
- A model for MSE access to public procurement will be developed and this experience will be shared and replicated in other regions of the country; and
- All contracting authorities in the country will be provided with recommended measures to implement to enable easier access by MSEs to the PP market.
Last updated: November 13, 2015