- Mission Director
- Our Work
- Transforming Lives
- Key Documents and Publications
- Partnership Opportunities
- Foreign Assistance Data
DURATION: August 2013 - August 2016
FUNDING LEVEL: $ 12,927,495
IMPLEMENTING PARTNER: International Resources Group (IRG)
KEY PARTNERS: National and local GOK institutions, local capacity development specialists, civil society organizations.
ACTIVITY LOCATIONS: Nationwide
The Good Governance and Public Administration Strengthening (GGPAS) program is a flexible, three-year initiative to help strengthen key public and private institutions critical to long-term stability and democratic growth. GGPAS provides targeted assistance for governance reform in order to:
- Strengthen the abilities of public sector institutions to deliver key services more effectively and efficiently;
- Help a range of public, private, and civil society partners expand access to and improve the quality of citizen services.
Employing a unique management model, GGPAS works across sectors as opportunities emerge, strengthening existing partnerships, and establishing new relationships with key institutions. Initiatives reflect the priorities of the government of the Kyrgyz Republic and the comparative advantages of USAID.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS
- Public Administration& Local Governance
- Education & Healthcare
- Social protection and development
- Citizen documentation
- Public safety and security
- Tax services
- Electricity and energy provision
- Agriculture and food security
- Employing inclusive institutional performance improvement processes including USAID’s Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD);
- Supporting innovative pilot initiatives to “model” new processes and expand the quality and access to government services;
- Enhancing capacity of local management consultants as service providers.
ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
Last updated: September 21, 2015