Since 1999, USAID has invested more than $1 billion dollars in Kosovo's development. Our goal is to help Kosovo realize its democratic and demographic dividend through Kosovo-led solutions. We aim for citizens to be better served by accountable and effective governance institutions and to increase opportunities for inclusive democratic and economic participation.
USAID partners with Kosovans to advance Kosovo-led reforms that will further the country’s progress towards full European and Euro-Atlantic integration. Through our successful partnership with Kosovo, USAID implements numerous, wide-reaching programs to:
- Strengthen the responsiveness of justice institutions
- Strengthen executive governance and legislative responsiveness
- Increase citizen contribution to democracy and economy
- Increase private sector competitiveness
- Improve energy security and cybersecurity