- Our Work
- Foreign Assistance Data
- Work With Us
- Dollars to Results
For Immediate Release
The U.S. Embassy invites media to join the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Assistant Administrator for Global Health, Dr. Ariel Pablos-Méndez, on a tour of Maai Mahiu Health Centre and Naivasha County Hospital, Nakuru County. Dr. Pablos-Méndez will hand over maternal and child health commodities to Kenya’s Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Health.
When: Monday, March 17
- 8:30 Bus departs APHIAplus offices, Nakumatt Mall, Nakuru
- 9:00 Bus departs Nation Centre, Kimathi Street, Nairobi
- 10:30 Arrive Maai Mahiu Health Centre, Longonot, Nakuru County
- 10:45 Dr. Pablos-Méndez tours Maternal and Child health facilities
- 11:30 Travel to Naivasha County Hospital
- 12:00 Dr. Pablos-Méndez tours hospital with CS Health
- 1:00 Ceremony to hand over Ksh 129 million in health commodities
- 2:00 Lunch and busses return to Nairobi and Nakuru
Where: Maai Mahiu Health Centre and Naivasha County Hospital, Nakuru County
Background: Maai Mahiu is a primary health care facility that provides outpatient services and basic emergency obstetric care. In-patient facilities are limited to maternity care. The Naivasha County Hospital offers both outpatient and in-patient care including comprehensive emergency obstetric care. USAID supports these facilities through the integrated service delivery activity called APHIAplus Rift Valley. In 2013, USAID invested $40 million in family planning, maternal, newborn and child health, and nutrition services in Kenya. These resources have been used to procure medical equipment, contraceptive commodities and vaccines, train health workers, enhance the quality, supervision and monitoring of health services and support community health programs.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is the U.S. federal government agency responsible for administering civilian foreign aid.
To reserve a seat on the bus, contact Robin Johnson, USAID Communications Specialist
Tel: 0719 112 135 Email: email@example.com
Last updated: September 21, 2016