USAID announced a call for creative ideas on how to develop an inclusive and vibrant workforce that better captures the skills and talents of poor and vulnerable Indonesians and gives them the opportunity to move out of poverty. Help us create solutions that benefit Indonesians earning less than $2 (approximate 26,000 IDR a day) and are at high-risk of falling below this line including, women, youth, and persons with disabilities. We’ll focus our efforts in Central Java, East Java, West Java, North Sumatra, South Sulawesi, and Papua. USAID wants ideas on how to address the following challenges:
- Create a demand for vocational training that addresses the poor and vulnerable.
- Train the poor and vulnerable so they are equipped with work-relevant skills.
- Improve the quality of vocational training, specifically in the six targeted Indonesian provinces.
- Ensure that workers’ skills match market demand.
- Improve workers’ awareness of available jobs.
Please submit your idea by September 30, 2015. USAID may invest in your creative solution
For more information please visit this page and download these resources
Last updated: March 24, 2017