USAID's current scholarship programs include opportunities for post-graduate degrees and short-term technical training in the fields of law, economics, public policy, political science, public administration, environment, health, and education. USAID’s scholarship programs provide opportunities for advanced academic degrees in the U.S. and Indonesia.
The scholars supported by USAID are tomorrow’s leaders and are among the most valuable investments in Indonesia’s future.
USAID’s Program to Extend Scholarships to Achieve Sustainable Impacts (PRESTASI)
USAID’s Program to Extend Scholarships to Achieve Sustainable Impacts (PRESTASI) has provided scholarships to nearly 300 Indonesians since 2007. It is one of the many USAID scholarship programs in Indonesia that help individuals, organizations, and institutions acquire the knowledge, skills, and capacity to support Indonesia’s advancement. These scholars are tomorrow’s leaders and are among the best investments in Indonesia’s future.
An expansion of the current PRESTASI program was awarded in September 2014. The five year, $26 million program, is open to all Indonesians with high academic performance, professional experience, and a dedication to improving the lives of others. The program gives special consideration to promising individuals from government institutions at the national and provincial level, as well as from disadvantaged and under-represented geographical areas in Indonesia. PRESTASI also strongly encourages women to apply for the program.
The selection process is highly competitive. Candidates must show:
- Leadership abilities.
- Excellence in a technical field.
- Academic interests relevant to USAID/Indonesia and Government of Indonesia development goals.
- Academic or other necessary qualifications for the desired training.
- Participation of co-funding from government institutions.
- Indonesian Citizen.
- Not an employee of USAID / USAID contractors.
- Available for a minimum of 10 years of employment prior to retirement upon completion of study.
- Evidence of English ability in the form of either a TOEFL score of 450, or the IELTS equivalent. .
For more information please visit www.prestasi-iief.org
Last updated: September 06, 2016