U.S.-GREENLAND ENTERPRISE DRIVEN GROWTH INITIATIVE (EDGI)
The Greenlandic economy, traditionally dominated by the fisheries sector, is seeing new private sector growth and opportunity for entrepreneurs in sectors such as tourism, hospitality, locally-sourced products, and other services. While the unique Arctic landscape and warm culture attract tourists from around the world, this same geography challenges infrastructure development, trade expansion, and economic diversification. Greenland-led private sector business development and trade connectivity will accelerate Greenland’s inclusive economic growth and increase livelihood opportunities.
To support Greenland’s economic growth goals and increase trade opportunities with the United States, USAID will implement the U.S.-Greenland Enterprise Driven Growth Initiative (EDGI) in cooperation with a broad set of Greenlandic private sector and government stakeholders. This work will be anchored in a commitment to local sustainability and ownership, respect for the environment, and inclusivity of indigenous populations.
- Commercial Bilateral Coordination - promoting commercial connectivity, trade and investment information sharing
- Business Accelerator - amplifying Greenland-led efforts to accelerate inclusive business growth, to include the tourism sector
- Municipal Economic Strategic Development Planning - promoting inclusive and sustainable economic development at the local level
Enable enterprise-driven growth and diversification to prosper by:
- Streamlining commercial activity and connectivity between Greenland and the United States.
- Advancing Greenland-led solutions for sustainable and inclusive business and entrepreneurial development.
LIFE OF ACTIVITY
06/2022 - 06/2024
USAID’s Digital Economy and Market Development (DEMD) program managed by Resonance Global