- What We Do
- Global Goals
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
- U.S. Global Development Lab
- Cornerstone Partners
- Work with the Lab
- Development Innovation Ventures
- Data & Analytics for Development
- Digital Development
- Global Development Alliances
- Global Partnerships
- Grand Challenges for Development
- Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN)
- International Research & Science Programs
- Research and Innovation Fellowships
- Science at USAID
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Innovations Program (MERLIN)
Public-private partnerships for development, including Global Development Alliances (GDAs), have gained notable reputation and accountability. These alliances have proven to be beneficial for both business and society. USAID and the Office of Innovation and Development Alliances/Global Partnerships Division (IDEA/GP), the stewards of the GDA program, have provided the following tools and resources to assist private sector organizations and implementing partners in building public-private partnerships.
- Building Alliances Sector Guide Series – A series of 11 guides on how to build alliances across a variety of sectors including agriculture, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, emergencies, energy, extractives, health, microfinance, water and workforce development.
- Global Frameworks – Information about select, strategic private sector partners that have a global agreement or MOU with USAID.
- Partnering for Impact: USAID and the Private Sector [PDF] – A report demonstrating the various ways companies can partner with USAID, including through GDAs.
- Alliances in Action – One-page snapshots of key partnerships
- Partnering with USAID: Building Alliances for Sustainable Solutions [PDF] – Guide for Diaspora groups on how to partner with USAID.
Introduction to USAID Partnerships and the Global Development Alliance Model – This 60-minute course explores how USAID partners with the private sector, explains the process for building public-private partnerships and provides information about GDAs.
- Understanding Private Sector Value: An Assessment of How USAID Measures the Value of Its Partnerships [PDF] – Report on how the Agency defines and captures the value of partnering with the private sector
- (Re)Valuing Public-Private Alliances: An Outcomes-Based Solution [PDF] – White Paper on how to capture the value of public-private partnerships
Evaluating GDA’s: An Analysis of USAID’s Private-Public Partnerships for Development [PDF] – An analysis of the growing importance of the private sector’s contribution to the social and economic growth of emerging markets, and the value and impact of the GDA model.
- Synopsis [PDF]
For more information on or questions about these resources, please contact us at email@example.com
Last updated: June 11, 2015