Workforce Gender Equality Accelerated Program Participant Handbook
This handbook contains all of the exercises, tools, and instructions needed to successfully complete the program virtually or in person. Using this handbook, participants will be able to effectively manage their learning across the four phases of the Accelerated Program.
Welcome to the Workforce Gender Equality Accelerated Program! USAID’s Engendering Industries program is excited to offer this program as an activity that managers, leaders, and organizations in male-dominated industries can use to advance gender equality in the workforce.
Expanding women’s participation in traditionally male-dominated industries leads to tangible economic outcomes and improved organizational performance that benefits everyone. Women represent half of the world’s employment potential, and developing their talent increases an organization’s competitive advantage. Research shows that gender equality pays dividends, and a 2018 McKinsey study of 1,000 companies across 12 countries found that gender-diverse companies were more profitable than their national industry average. Tapping into women’s unique contributions and experiences can strengthen organizations in male-dominated industries and add trillions to the global gross domestic product. Strong organizations drive strong economies.
Each of us has an important role to play in making gender equality a reality, and we look forward to collaborating with you to advance this important work around the world. Changing workplace culture, policies, and practices that improve gender equality takes an intentional and sustained effort by both women and men within organizations. When we work toward this common goal together, everyone thrives. Thank you for being on this journey with us, and we look forward to seeing the great change you will bring to the world.
- The Accelerated Program Participant Handbook
- The Accelerated Program Approach
- Gender-Aware Program Design and Delivery
- Complete Pre-Program Assessments and Learning
- Participate in Accelerated Program Virtually or in Person
- Post-Program Assessments and Coaching
- Introduction Module
- Module 1: Gender Equality: The Vision
- Module 2: Gender Equality: Common Obstacles
- Module 3: Gender Equality and the Role of Male Leaders
- Module 4: Gender Equality: The Benefits
- Module 5: Gender Equality Strategy and Change Management
- Module 6: Gender Equality, Organizational Culture, and Corporate Communication
- Module 7: Gender Equality and the Role of Male Leaders as Allies
- Module 8: Gender Equality in the Workforce
- Module 9: Empower Yourself and Lead the Change
- Module 10: Gender Equality in Management and Leadership Teams
- Module 11: Build Your Gender Action Plan and Plan for Success
- Module 12: Wrap-Up