Solicitation for U.S. Personal Services Contractor (USPSC)
Strategic Information Technical Advisor
- SOLICITATION NO.: SOL-442-14-000001
- ISSUANCE DATE: December 16, 2013
- CLOSING DATE/TIME FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: December 31, 2013, 5pm Cambodia Time
- POSITION TITLE: Strategic Information Technical Advisor
- MARKET VALUE: GS-13 equivalent ($71,674 - $ 93,175). The standard compensation package also includes a contribution for life and health insurance and a contribution to FICA. Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value based upon the candidate’s past salary, work history and educational background.
- PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: Three (3) months, to start o/a January 13, 2014 and end o/a March 31, 2014. During the period of performance, the incumbent will work 35 hours per week. An extension to the period of performance through May 31, 2014 is possible if requirements arise and performance is satisfactory.
- PLACE OF PERFORMANCE: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
STATEMENT OF WORK
I. Basic Function of Position
The short-term PSC for a Strategic Information (SI) Technical Advisor will advise the U.S. government (USG) President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Country Team on matters related to the measurement and evaluation of U.S. and Cambodian contributions toward achieving PEPFAR targets. The incumbent will work with the PEPFAR SI Team to lead the translation of program performance, surveillance findings, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) data, and other SI into improved PEPFAR programming and delivery of services. S/he will also inform the PEPFAR team in methods to strengthen systems of reporting and accountability regarding the use of PEPFAR resources. It is expected that a significant portion of time will be spent in supporting the collection and management of targeting and results information.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
The President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) is the U.S. Government initiative to help save the lives of those suffering from HIV/AIDS around the world. This historic commitment is the largest by any nation to combat a single disease internationally, and PEPFAR investments also help alleviate suffering from other diseases across the global health spectrum. PEPFAR is driven by a shared responsibility among donor and partner nations and others to make smart investments to save lives.
The PEPFAR program in Cambodia is implemented through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The SI Advisor position reports directly to the PEPFAR Country Coordinator and, through the Coordinator, to the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM). The incumbent will receive technical guidance on issues related to SI programs from written standard guidance documents provided by the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (S/GAC), and verbal and written instructions from the interagency heads of the PEPFAR Country Team within USAID and CDC and the Cambodia SI Liaison based in Atlanta. S/he is expected to be able to exercise considerable independent judgment in carrying out assigned tasks and to be able to function effectively within a multicultural and interagency environment. Assignments are often self-generated and determined through a review of goals and objectives to be achieved and the results expected.
Last updated: December 20, 2013