This REDACTED Project Appraisal Document is a key step in the process for awarding a new suite of projects for USAID/Senegal’s health program for 2016-2021. The proposed objectives outlined in this Project Appraisal Document summary build on the current integrated portfolio of activities that will come to an end in October 2016.
The 2016-2021 Health Program seeks to improve the health status of Senegal’s population and make strategic investments to build country capacity and have a sustainable impact on maternal, neonatal, and child mortality and public health priorities. The long-term goal focuses on three key objectives:
- increasing access to quality services,
- increasing the commitment of individuals and communities in the management of their own health and health systems, and
- improving the management and performance of the health system.
These objectives will contribute to achieving the Government of Senegal’s Ministry of Health’s National Health Development Plan goals to:
- reduce maternal mortality,
- reduce under-five mortality,
- reduce neonatal mortality,
- increase the modern contraceptive prevalence rate,
- reduce unmet need for contraception, and
- reduce the prevalence of underweight children under-five.
These goals also include improved performance of the health system for prevention and disease control plus improved sustainability and governance of the health system.
USAID/Senegal welcomes public comments about this Project Appraisal Document. Please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2015.
Last updated: August 12, 2015