- What We Do
- Global Goals
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
- U.S. Global Development Lab
- Cornerstone Partners
- Work with the Lab
- Development Innovation Ventures
- Data & Analytics for Development
- Digital Development
- Global Development Alliances
- Global Partnerships
- Grand Challenges for Development
- Higher Education Solutions Network (HESN)
- International Research & Science Programs
- Research and Innovation Fellowships
- Science at USAID
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Innovations Program (MERLIN)
Read DIV’s Annual Program Statement (APS) and our guidance on What We Look For, which extensively describes DIV’s evaluation criteria and provides complete guidance on how to create a strong application. Only applicants that demonstrate a full understanding of DIV’s evaluation criteria will be considered for funding.
Submit your application. Applicants will develop a ~5 page application (Expression of Interest) that describes in detail the goals, outcomes, outputs and activities of the proposed project, as well as innovation’s cost-effectiveness, evidence of impact, and pathways to scale. Strong applications will demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the stage-specific expectations outlined in our guidance on What We Look For. Applicants will be notified of their rejection or next steps in the application process within 4 to 6 weeks.
Applicants that meet DIV’s EOI evaluation criteria will be invited to a phone interview with DIV. Applicants will have the opportunity to pitch their proposal while DIV gets to know the applicant and gains a deeper understanding of the proposal. Supplemental application materials may be requested before or after the phone interview. Certain later stage applicants may be required to complete a full written application.
Applicants will undergo a brief diligence process in coordination with DIV. This diligence process may include requests for supplemental materials, reference checks, coordination with additional partners, and collaborating to enhance or strengthen an innovation.
Applicants that successfully complete each of the previous applications steps will be recommended for DIV funding. After final legal diligence has been completed, applicants will be notified of DIV’s funding decision. Applicants will be notified of their rejection or DIV's intent to award between 3 and 6 months after DIV receives the application.
Last updated: May 25, 2016