- What We Do
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
- Disaster Assistance
- Political Transition Initiatives
- Conflict Mitigation and Prevention
- Countering Violent Extremism
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Peacebuilding and Reconciliation
- Providing Safe & Secure Environments for Development
- Recovering From Crisis
- Tech Challenge for Atrocity Prevention
- World Humanitarian Day
- U.S. Global Development Lab
The crisis in Syria has shaken our conscience with images of innocent men, women, and children suffering from the devastation within their own country, surviving as refugees in neighboring countries, in many cases leaving everything behind.
This is a time of unparalleled need. No single country can bear this responsibility alone. Our response - as nations, as individuals, as organizations and as communities- must be equally unprecedented. You can help.
Donate to Organizations Responding to the Humanitarian Needs of Syrians
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) of non-U.S. Government sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. USAID does not exercise editorial control over all of the information that you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
Syria Complex Emergency - Fact Sheet #5
September 30, 2016 - USG announces more than $364 million in new humanitarian funding for Syria and neighboring countries. SARG and GoRF resume airstrikes on September 19 following dissolution of new CoH agreement. UN officially designates eastern Aleppo city as a besieged location; humanitarian conditions deteriorate significantly. Airstrikes on UN humanitarian convoy in Big Orem, Aleppo, kills multiple aid workers.
Last updated: October 14, 2016