- What We Do
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance Strategy
- Supporting Free and Fair Elections
- Supporting Vibrant Civil Society & Independent Media
- Protecting Human Rights
- Promoting Accountability & Transparency
- Importance of Democracy, Human Rights, & Governance to Development
- Countering Trafficking in Persons
- Economic Growth and Trade
- Ending Extreme Poverty
- Environment and Global Climate Change
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- Global Health
- Water and Sanitation
- Working in Crises and Conflict
- U.S. Global Development Lab
Arms Around the Child, USA
Ensuring that each and every child lives with dignity and compassion is the true measure of who we are as people living at this time in human history. We urgently need bold action to rapidly address the needs of children in adversity to reduce their suffering. We know that millions of children are living in poverty, are trafficked, are recruited as child soldiers, are living without their parents, are living on the streets, and over 16 million children have been orphaned specifically by AIDS.
The U.S. Government Action Plan on Children in Adversity (APCA) is the first-ever strategy for going to scale with a comprehensive approach to achieve children’s well-being around the World. By strategically focusing on evidenced-based objectives and creating accountability for measurable outcomes, the U.S. Government now has a unique opportunity to unify a diverse array of stakeholders from government, civil society, multilateral agencies, and the private sector to take bold and concerted action for children.
President Obama and the 113th Congress have an unprecedented and historic opportunity to lead a global initiative to ensure that all children survive, thrive, and strive into the 21st century with a strong beginning, a healthy family, and are protected from violence, abuse, neglect, and exploitation. By ensuring that the U.S. government sets targets, restructures for success, contributes its fair share of resources, and mobilizes stakeholders to join forces, President Obama can create a new future for children in adversity around the World. Arms Around the Child is honored to use our voice to support the rapid and effective implementation of this bold, new agenda.
Last updated: September 09, 2016